Chocolate is one of the most misunderstood foods. Although many chocolate-based products are full of sugars, unhealthful fats, and artificial ingredients, “the real thing” is a different story (see my Ultimate Chocolate Shopping Guide for more information, including the environmental and child labor concerns surrounding cocoa production).
As a nutrition professional who champions the health benefits of high quality cocoa, I am thrilled to announce the latest giveaway: Theo Chocolates.
Based in Seattle, Theo is an organic, fair-trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory (the first in the United States, no less!). All their products are certified by the Non-GMO Project, and their entire supply chain is Fair for Life-certified (this exhaustive FAQ document covers Fair for Life in detail).
I have hand-picked four of my favorite Theo Chocolate bars (FYI: all are vegan, soy-free, and gluten-free); two lucky Small Bites readers will get their choice of two:
- 70% Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt bar (benefits World Bicycle Relief)
- 91% Costa Rica Single Origin bar
- 70% Cocoa & Coffee bar
- Limited Edition Fortaleza Roasted Cacao Nib bar
1. Leave a comment on this blog post anytime between March 22 and April 22.
2. Only one blog comment/giveaway entry per person.
3. You may increase your chance of winning (equivalent to an extra entry) by sharing the link to this giveaway on Twitter. Your tweet must include the Theo Chocolate handle (@theochocolate) as well as “via @andybellatti” (so I can be notified).
4. Winners will be selected at random on April 23, 2012 and will be contacted by me via e-mail.
5. Winners must reside in the United States.
A big thank you to Laila Luopa for making this giveaway possible.
UPDATE (4/23): Congratulations to winners Barry Good and Sophie.