First, I take great pleasure in the enjoyment of food — good food — and like to share my favorite finds with others (whether they have similar preferences or end up trying a new item based on a suggestion of mine).
I’m even happier to showcase small, independent companies that make delicious food that is also healthful and respectful of the environment.
And so we come to the newest Small Bites giveaway: Kookie Karma.
Created in 2004 in Santa Monica, CA, by then 24-year-old Juli Novotny, Kookie Karma has grown exponentially over the years, and offers a variety of snacks: ‘kookies’, ‘krackers’, kale chips, ‘grawnola’ and, soon, macaroons. The entire product line is vegan, gluten-free, and organic, and most of the offerings are also raw.
One Small Bites reader will score a delectable bundle from Kookie Karma:
- 1 bag of goji-lime-coconut raw (buckwheat-based) granola
- 1 bag of “cheesy” kale chips
- 1 each of the Top 4 best-selling ‘kookie’ flavors
1. Leave a comment on this blog post anytime between April 24 and May 19.
2. Only one blog comment/giveaway entry per person.
3. You may increase your chance of winning (equivalent to an extra entry) by sharing the link to this giveaway on Twitter. Your tweet must include the Kookie Karma handle (@kookiekarma) as well as “via @andybellatti” (so I can be notified) to count.
4. Winners will be selected at random on May 20, 2012 and will be contacted by me via e-mail.
5. Winners must reside in the United States.
A big thank you to Juli Novotny for making this giveaway possible.
PS: When she isn’t keeping tabs on her company, Juli also runs the PUREmamas blog, which provides ideas on how to incorporate healthful foods into children’s everyday lives.
UPDATE: Congratulations to winner Laurie Kauffman!