Last month, it was macaroons and “grawnola”, this time around it’s ‘cheesy’ kale chips, sprouted sunflower seeds, and unique fruit leathers courtesy of the folks at Kaia Foods, an Oakland-based company started in 2006. Creator Nick Kelley left a career in finance to fulfill his dream of making “minimally processed, truly healthy food more readily available to everyone”.
As you know, I only do giveaways of products I enjoy myself. Kaia Foods’ spiced sprouted sunflower seeds are a staple in my kitchen. The teriyaki and garlic varieties instantly liven up salads, the sweet curry flavor adds a delicious crunch to soups, and the cocoa molé sunflower seeds are perfect airport food. The lime-ginger fruit leather is my favorite (orange + banana + kale + lime juice + ginger!). As for kale chips — there is never a wrong time for those!
This giveaway will have three winners, as follows:
- Grand Prize: 1 bag “cheesy” kale chips + 2 bags sprouted sunflower seeds of choice (choose from: cocoa molé, garlic & sea salt, sweet curry, teriyaki)
- 2nd Place: The remaining 2 bags of sprouted sunflower seeds
- 3rd Place: 4 Fruit Leathers (Goji-orange, lime-ginger, spiced apple, vanilla pear)
1. Leave a comment on this blog post anytime between Monday, October 31 and Friday, November 25.
2. Only one blog comment/entry per person.
3. You may increase your chance of winning (equivalent to an extra entry) by sharing the link to this giveaway on Twitter. Your tweet must include “via @andybellatti” in it (so I can be notified).
4. Winner will be selected at random on Saturday, November 26, and will be contacted by me via e-mail.
5. Winner must reside in the United States.
Good luck! Oh, and PS: if you want to try any of these products in the meantime, I’ve been told you can use this coupon code (K7T2IGM4) on Amazon.com, good for 25% off a purchase of $10 or more.
Many thanks to Melissa McCarthy at Kaia Foods for responding so enthusiastically to my giveaway query.
UPDATE (12/2): Congratulations to the winners:
3rd Place Winner: “La Chapstick Fanatique”
2nd Place Winner: “Joob”
Grand Prize Winner:”Val”