A few months ago, Mary Waldner — creator of the Mary’s Gone Crackers snack line — spoke with me about what inspired her to create her popular line of organic, vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free snacks, and why avoiding genetically modified ingredients is so important for her as a manufacturer.
In case you’re not familiar with Mary’s Gone Crackers, they provide a unique spin on common snacks.
Their crackers are made from a combination of brown rice, quinoa, sesame seeds, and flax, and are great for snacking and dipping. Their cookies are not cloyingly sweet, contain spices instead of flavorings (their ginger cookies, for example, list ‘ginger root’ as an ingredient), and are made with chia seeds, coconut oil (instead of the commonly-used corn or soybean), and several gluten-free flours.
This month, two lucky Small Bites readers will score some Mary’s Gone Crackers loot.
- Prize #1: 1 box of “love cookies” (flavors), 1 box of crackers (flavors), 1 bag of pretzel “twigs” (flavors)
- Prize #2: 1 box of “love cookies”, 1 box of pretzel “twigs”
1. Leave a comment on this blog post anytime between December 5 and Saturday, December 31.
2. Only one blog comment/giveaway entry per person.
3. You may increase your chance of winning (equivalent to an extra entry) by sharing the link to this giveaway on Twitter. Your tweet must include the Mary’s Gone Crackers Twitter handle (@GoneCrackers) as well as “via @andybellatti” (so I can be notified).
4. Winners will be selected at random on Sunday, January 1, 2012 and will be contacted by me via e-mail.
5. Winner must reside in the United States.
Many thanks to Stephanie Castillo for arranging this giveaway.
UPDATE (January 5):
Congratulations to winners “Meredith @DareYouTo” and Lori Williams.