So far this year, the Small Bites blog has teamed up with a variety of individuals to give away some of my favorite things — from spice kits to healthy crackers to a brand-new vegan cookbook.
This giveaway is for my fellow food politics buffs who are interested in learning the inner workings of the beast known as the food industry.
Two Small Bites readers will win an autographed copy of Michele Simon’s engrossing book, Appetite for Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health and How to Fight Back.
A health policy expert and law professor, Simon lays out thoughtful and appropriately scathing critiques of the food industry’s attempts to lull consumers into a false sense of security with “health initiatives”, self-regulation, and other tactics.
If food politics, corporate responsibility, public health issues, and food law interest you, this book needs a home on your bookshelf!
To enter this giveaway:
- Send an e-mail to “email@example.com” with the subject line “Appetite for Profit” anytime between 12:01 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 and 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on Monday, August 9, 2010.
- Only one e-mail entry per person. Multiple e-mail entries do not increase chances of winning.
- You may increase your chance of winning (equivalent to a second entry) by sharing the link to this giveaway on Twitter or Facebook. For Twitter, you must include “@andybellatti” in your tweet. For Facebook, please notify me via e-mail when you share this link on your wall.
- Winner will be selected at random on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 and will be contacted by me via e-mail.
- Winner must reside in the United States.
Many thanks to Michele Simon for donating two books to this giveaway. Keep up with her on Twitter (@Appetite4Profit)!